Monday, December 15, 2008

My Favorite Albums of 2008

Since I am not a professional critic, I can't do a true "Beast of" list, so instead I will do a list of my favorite albums of 2008. To sum it up, except for the plethora of reunions, all in all, it was a relatively shitty year compared to 2007. To refresh your memories a bit (well, not really), here are my top 10 of 2007:

1. Arcade Fire, Neon Bible
2. LCD Soundsystem, Sound of Silver
3. Radiohead, In Rainbows
4. M.I.A., Kala
5. Justice,
6. Animal Collective, Strawberry Jam
7. Panda Bear, Person Pitch
8. Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
9. Jay-Z, American Gangster
10. The Shins, Wincing the Night Away

As you can see, last year's list had cojones, and variety. Spoiler alert: This year is very alternative, but there are black people! Yes, it's not totally white bread. Sure this year's list doesn't have a Sri Lankan or a band with a member who refers to himself as Geologist, but it's not totally white. Anyways, the next post tonight will have No. 10. Enjoy, and leave comments!

No comments: