Thursday, December 4, 2008

Is this season boring or what?

Are you like me who feels that this movie-award season is rather uninteresting. Sure, there are quality movies out there, but nothing as ambitious as 2007's award front runners, like No Country for Old Men, and There Will Be Blood. Even the smaller films had the same ambition as the leaders of the pack, like I'm Not There. This the front runners are rather quiet, and if were talking about directors here, rather unambitious works. Milk returns Gus van Sant to Hollywood territory, after years of making complex films like Gerry and Elephant. The Wrestler, despite all the positive hype, looks like Darren Aronofsky's most reserved work. I am not as excited as I was in 2007. Hopefully, the Curious Case of Benjamin Button returns the season to 2007's ambitiousness. That's my two cents for now.

No comments: